3 Tips for an Unmedicated Birth

There are so many great resources to have an unmedicated labor and delivery, but I've narrowed it down to 3 of my favorites that I've found really helpful! I would love to hear yours! Feel free to leave them in the comments below!





Here's a little overview:

#1. Loosen the jaw! It has been said that a relaxed jaw equals a relaxed cervix. A relaxed cervix is able to dilate and progress unhindered, which is {obviously} pretty ideal during labor!:)

#2. Go pee! A full bladder can stall labor! SO making sure to use the bathroom often can help keep everything running smoothly!

#3 Have an open mind! Even if I'm 100% set in my mind on not having an epidural, I like to leave a little bit of wiggle room! If for some reason your "unmedicated birth plan" doesn't go as planned, be sure to have an open mind! Sometimes the situation can veer away from exactly what you want, but that reward of having a sweet baby in your arms at the end is a pretty great reward no matter what interventions may need to be taken during labor for your health or the health of the baby! Many and maybe even most times, it can go just as planned, which is grand! In either case, having an open mind and allowing yourself permission to change course if that's what is right for you in the moment is a positive thing all around!:)

XO
Sarah

No comments